Saturday, February 25, 2012

Desktop.ly


I've been using a service for a few weeks now that lets people share their desktops, it is superb, implemented superbly, from a superb idea. I'm going for the record for the number of times the word superb can be included in a blog post, superb eh? There's another one.





So what's so superb about it? Well it allows you to host your desktop and mobile screenshots together with beautiful artwork of the device itself, it also includes Markup based text to explain what's going on on your desktop / mobile device. I've lost count of the number of times I've been asked about the apps I use and how my desktop layout works. Desktoply allows me to share this info with a simple link.

The superb website is coded in near perfect HTML compliant code (I say near perfect as there is a slight issue with CSS rendering on mobiles when the devices are rotated) by the superbly talented Dean Perry @deanperry.

I will be making a great deal of use out of Desktop.ly, and I'll be watching Dean's other projects with interest. This lad will go far I tell you.

Posted via DraftCraft app

No comments: